The South Whidbey Commons values members of the community and creates a safe, nurturing environment where they feel at home. The Commons facilitates community-driven activities, and fosters connections and healthy relationships between people of all ages.
The South Whidbey Commons facilitates:
- The Coffeehouse Bookstore, a nonprofit business that promotes cross-generational connections.
- Workplace training, which gives middle and high school students, as well as adults, an opportunity to learn valuable job skills. Students can earn school credit for the training they receive.
- Opportunities for volunteers to serve their community while making connections and gaining new skills.
- Mentoring and community engagement opportunities for adults.
- The Common Room, a space for community workshops, activities, and meetings.
- Friday Night Live (coming back in June 2014), a line-up of local music, comedy, and literary performances.
- Community-driven activities such as Neuropalooza, writing workshops, math tutoring, Find-a-Job club, and more.